Tumalo School Who We Are …
WHO WE ARE: A Community School that values strong academic, high behavioral expectations and social growth in our students.
- We are 385 Tumalo Tigers committed to giving our best effort in class each day which will prepare us for success in high school and life.
- We are 17 teachers inspiring students to learn and achieve at their highest level while continually looking for ways to improve our instruction.
- We are the secretaries, librarian, technology, classroom assistants, counselor, custodians, nurse, bus drivers and food servers who understand that our students and teachers must be safe, healthy and supported in order to achieve at the highest possible levels.
- We are parents and family members supporting our children and expecting a high-quality education for them.
- We are an organized PTC that recognizes the importance of providing additional resources to students and staff so they can reach their highest potential.
- We are community organizations and countless volunteers who provide support for our students and staff in their daily work to achieve excellence.
- We are residents and taxpayers who know that a strong school with high achieving students is the future of our area and nation.
Our Common Purpose : We are united in our relentless commitment to academic achievement and personal growth for every student.
What We Believe: Our work toward this common purpose is fueled by a set of Core Beliefs that guide us in our daily work with children.
- We are family
- We are a country school
- All children are loved, cherished and respected here
- We are a safe, fun and positive place to learn
- We provide adventure in education
- We meet the needs of children to learn, play and grow
- We set high standards for academics, behavior and social growth
- We celebrate a lifelong love of learning
- We value and welcome our school community
- We strive to constantly improve our craft both individually and collectively
- We believe in continuing our professional development to meet the needs of the whole child
- We encourage a sense of responsibility to self and community
Where We Are Headed : Our goals are to …
- Build relationships with our students and families
- Educate the whole child with rigorous and engaging lessons which lead to mastery coupled with K-8 outdoor educational experiences along with providing social and emotional guidance.
- Promote building collaboration and communication to improve instruction and student achievement.
- Implement common core math curriculum and student expectations
- Effectively and efficiently utilize Synergy as a communication tool to our families
What Our District Is Focused On: Our school and district priorities for the 2013 – 2015 school years are…
Elevating Student Achievement: Every student graduates college-prepared and career ready
Supporting and Developing Our Human Resources : A highly effective, professional team that prioritizes student growth, values collaboration and seeks continuous growth and improvement.
Sustaining Safe and Vibrant School Communities: Personalized supports that nurture stakeholder engagement, student success, and safe and effective school environments.
Balancing Resources to Maximize Student Achievement: Wise, transparent stewardship of district resources that are prioritized for student achievement.
Tumalo Community School and the Redmond School District…